Saturday, May 1, 2010

Farmers Market Dried Peaches

Every Thursday, the Century City Farmers Market brings all the suits together for fresh fruits and produce, as well as home-made tamales, samosas, and the world famous Hawaiian chicken.

One of my favorite stands is the dried fruits and nuts. This past week, I picked up some delicious sun dried apricots and peaches. After eating half pound of the delicious dried heaven, I brought the leftovers home and cooked up a lemon vinaigrette reduction. After cooking up the last of the pork chops, I put the dried peaches in the reduction, and let them simmer for about 15 minutes...and voila! Delicious mini pork chops with dried peaches in lemon vinaigrette reduction. As a side, I got some organic string beans and made my mother's famous soy vinegar string beans.


No comments: