Wednesday, April 14, 2010

an AWESOME new direction

No, not really...but I had a sudden impulse today, thanks to inspiration brought on by a fellow CMCer's blog, to start making more frequent posts on this blog. I will start writing down the interesting things I see/read during the day, and then post them. Hopefully that will keep the idea mill running...

I recently saw an interview with British comedian/actor Stephen Fry. He was talking about the show/book he did called "Stephen Fry in America", where he goes to all 50 states and experiences the country that he was almost a citizen. Besides the dry, deriding British humour and wit, he struck a chord with me when he made fun of how carelessly Americans use the word "AWESOME!" The Grand Canyon is AWESOME, the Lincoln Memorial is AWESOME, hamburgers are AWESOME, finding a seat on the subway is AWESOME, so on and so forth...

I've started paying more attention to how I use the expression, and let me tell you, it has been quite embarrassing and difficult. Today, I caught myself describing Tim's Cascade Potato Chips are AWESOME... :(

Ps. Actually, these ARE awesome!

No comments: