Monday, April 26, 2010

I bought too many pork chops...

...and I got sick of eating plain grilled chops... So I decided to experiment a little bit, reaching back to my Chinese roots. I took out the chops from the fridge and let them sit at room temp for about 15 min so the meat can tenderize and release the moisture. Then I marinated the chops with soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and a tiny bit of lime and ginger. I heated up the wok with oil and diced garlic (very important, the Chinese begin every dish with garlic in oil). I threw in the chops and let them cook until about 70% done. Then I took them out and sliced the meat into strips (see picture), leaving the sauce in the wok. I then threw in the diced veggies (onions and peppers) and added a little bit more soy sauce. I put the meat back in and stirred until fully cooked, then finished off with a little secret ingredient...sesame oil. This took about 20min total to make. Not bad for a Monday night!

No comments: